This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of an exceptionally talented team, to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale.
We are looking for an independent thinker who makes convincing, evidence-based decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear roadmaps to innovation and is comfortable thinking strategically and diving deep; a vanguard leader who can identify opportunities and leverage the team to translate them into live solutions, used by happy customers.
Nginx, Rest API, Microservices, Kafka, NodeJS, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Helm, Flux, Git, AngularJS
- Work closely with Software Development teams to adopt CI/CD best practices to automate system deployment, operability, and supportability
- Work with Development and Operations teams to define and implement IaaS and PaaS strategies
- Implement Secure Cloud Networking policies, best practices, and design patterns
- Develop and maintain scalable cloud architecture solutions
- Create and deliver detailed technical documentation and presentations
- Act as an advisor to product teams on architectural principles, best practices, and design patterns.
- Provide operational requirement stories to development teams. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation and respond to operational incidents and escalations.
- Provide hands-on and technical leadership support to drive Cloud Strategy and Operations
- Direct long and short-term projects for improving the reliability and performance of systems
- Design, implement, test, and manage Cloud Backup strategy and systems
- Design, implement and manage monitoring systems and development of monitoring standards
- Make recommendations for improvements to current processes and procedures
- Manage cost and billing for Cloud Platform
- Cultivate a culture of software-defined infrastructure, automation, best practices, metrics, and consistency across the organization
- Work closely with solutions architects to evaluate solutions.
The must-have skill sets
- 8+ years of Linux Systems Engineering/Architecture experience
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Proven, expert-level experience working with highly distributed systems, scalability, and SaaS applications with a proven ability to speak authoritatively about architectural, design, and implementation details
- Expert experience with configuration management tools like Salt/Chef/Ansible, etc.
- Expert experience with CI/CD tools like Helm, Flux, Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis, etc.
- Proven ability to script using languages like Node, Perl, Bash, or Python
- Understanding of systems hardening and secure systems configuration
- Experience with IaaS like AWS or Azure
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS
- Understanding of security concepts such as Firewalls, IPS, IDS, VPN, and MFA
- Ability to thrive as an individual or a small team member on projects
- Confidence to articulate a vision to executives and stakeholders
- Experience with regulatory compliance standards (SOX/PCI/SEC/FINRA, etc.) preferred
- Knowledgeable of operational practices including DevOps and agile
- Experience with Open-Source Web Servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewall, load-balancing, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SSH, HTTPS, SNMP, SMTP, Syslog, and TCP /IP (IPv4 and IPV6)
- Help develop strategies for zero-downtime deployments and patching.
- Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards, and processes
- Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes.
- Experience with a relational database like MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems such as Jenkins, Packer, Terraform
- Strong experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, cacti, Zabbix
Equal employment opportunity
Rezilyens is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent and we’re proud of our global perspective.