This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of an exceptionally talented team, to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale. You will report to the Vice President of the Organization.
We are looking for an independent thinker who makes convincing, evidence-based decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear roadmaps to innovation and is comfortable thinking strategically and diving deep; a vanguard leader who can identify opportunities and leverage the team to translate them into live solutions, used by happy customers.
- Experience building and leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
- Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech, startup and academic ecosystems
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
- Exceptional management ability: Manage software engineering team to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive the implementation of new applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other open Source contributions and experience with distributed/scalable systems is a plus
The must-have skill sets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years’ building and leading software engineering teams
- At least 5 years’ experience with object-oriented programming, functional programming, and data design
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing scalable web applications and architectural standards
- At least 3 years’ experience with Cloud technologies
- At least 3 years’ experience utilizing DevOps technologies to drive Continuous Delivery
- At least 3 years’ experience with RESTful APIs
Nice to have
- Master’s Degree
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- 8+ years’ experience in Agile practices
Equal employment opportunity
Rezilyens is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent and we’re proud of our global perspective.