Responsible for the development of high performance, distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, text mining and other distributed environment technologies.
- Familiarity with JVM-based function languages including Scala and Clojure; Hadoop query languages including Pig, Hive, Scalding, Cascalog, PyCascading; along with alternative HDFS-based computing frameworks including Spark and STORM are desirable.
- Uses Big Data programming languages and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large scale analytics and visualization solutions.
- Interacts with data scientists and industry experts to understand how data needs to be converted, loaded and presented. Works in a highly agile environment.
The must-have skill sets
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing preferred.
- Typically requires 5-8 years experience. C/C++, Python and CI/CD required. Apache NiFi, Cloudera suite (Hive, Impala and Spark), Java and Bash preferred
Equal employment opportunity
Rezilyens is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent and we’re proud of our global perspective.